Whats inside MRE
You can find a listing of the exact contents of each MRE on the MRE Menus. The military makes 2 meal changes to the menus every year so you will find a different menu listing for each year. Each MRE contains the following:
- Entree: the main course, such as Beef ravioli or Beef Stew
- Side dish: rice, corn, fruit, or mashed potatoes, etc.
- Cracker or Bread
- Spread: peanut butter, jelly, or cheese spread
- Dessert: cookies or pound cakes
- Candy: M&Ms, Skittles, or Tootsie Rolls
- Beverages: Gatorade-like drink mixes, cocoa, dairy shakes, coffee, tea
- Hot sauce or seasoning: in some MREs
- Flameless Ration Heater: to heat up the entree
- Accessory Pack A, B, or C: spoon, matches, creamer, sugar, salt, chewing gum, toilet paper, etc.